Monday, February 21, 2011

Google vs. Yellowpages

I have to tell the story of Google vs. Yellowpages. When I began to do business I knew exposing my company name was essential to growth. I first placed my Google business listing within Google.com for free I might add (it took just a little time). Soon after I was receiving calls from good business prospects. Actually 9/10 jobs I would estimate I would win the account with the leads that came from Google. So Growth was great and resources were coming along to where I could hire more help. Doing so I would need more work so I ventured into the godforsaken "YELLOWPAGES" advertising program. Now here is where the "bag of mud" hit the fan. Prior to sining an agreement with YELLOWPAGES I had optimized (high ranked) listings for yahoo.com, google.com, local.com and many other websites that were free to publish information. The Month that I singed into contract with YELLOWPAGES they took my top ranked preexisting listing for yahoo.com (their affiliate) and placed their call tracking number over my already published listing for whatever reason (to generate calls lets face it). Now what does this have to do with bad business practices? Lets say your growing your business at a successful rate then comes along a salesman who tells you he can bring you in more business and only if you get the CALL. Sounded like a legitimate business offer... no calls no charge... i liked the idea.  So I singed up with the YELLOWPAGES PAY PER CALL PROGRAM and then came the horror... I was getting calls from people needing tow trucks, bail bonds, car repair and everything else I didn't offer. I started to ask the callers what number they were calling.... guess what they were calling the YELLOWPAGES (ATT) call tracking number that cost me around $50 per lead. So how did they get this number? YELLOWPAGES tells me it was an old circulated number and I need to call them when these bad leads come in. That would not be a problem however 90% of their leads were bad leads. I am a business owner who operates a window cleaning business... if I wanted to be in the babysitters club I would have singed up for babysitting. The YELLOWPAGES PROGRAM is the worst ad program I could imagine. The $1100.00 bill came in when i started to do the homework. it seemed YELLOWPAGES will take your optimized listing though it is legally published by my company, and they will place their call tracking number on this optimized listing for the simple reason that they need money and have no moral standards of how this is done to generate calls. If you own a YELLOWPAGES book the best think it can be used for is kindling to start a fire or to find an overpriced lawyer. Please help me abandon this unscrupulous company YELLOWPAGES and their deceptive business practices. 

P.S.
GOOGLE.com wins
YP.com major failure

David Azua
Contact Window Cleaning
5331 East Mockingbird Ln, Dallas, TX 75206 UNITED STATES

No comments:

Post a Comment