Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is your Attitude a lemon?


From the beginning of the first contact with a customer to the delivery of the service and even after we leave the attitude I have about my company is a highly positive attitude.  My attitude determines whether I will be hired rather than my competitor.  I recall cleaning windows in a home and while I had  a 6' latter in my hand I crossed a dirty mirror and I took literally 3 min. to clean this dirty mirror and said nothing to the customer about it. As she walked me out the door she said, " I was going to ask you to clean that mirror however you did it without my asking, In my business that is called delighting the customer and is the only way my company has reached the success it has." She gave thanks than handed me a $100 tip for whether it was the mirror I cleaned or simply because she felt very appreciative and wanted to show her appreciation. Charles Swindle gave a speech on attitude and said life is 10% what happens and 90% of how you react to any given situated. I find this to be absolute Truth. So to leave this thought on "attitude" I think of this old adage, "when life gives you lemons... and tells you to make lemonade, I have always felt plant the seeds of each and every lemon for and your harvests will have so much bounty that you will have to teach others how to make lemonade and this process will grow exponentially. When life gives you lemons teach others how to make lemonade.
David Azua
Contact Window Cleaning

1 comment: